Assess Seal-N-Care Private Limited believes in providing the best of product systems to enhance and extend the life of beautiful natural stone and cement bound surfaces. Our motto of providing "100% Protection" also extends to human life and applicators who apply our product systems for you. Keeping this in mind we recommend you follow the recommended safety and general precautions as listed below.
General Application Recommendations
- Step 1 : Test the material in a small inconspicuous area for suitability, for sealers, cleaners and coatings.
- Step 2 : For cleaners, remove dust, laitance and loose particles with a suitable brush. For sealers and coatings, also remove all traces of grease, oil & contaminants. For sealers and cleaners, the surface should be dry, prior to application.
- Step 3 : For sealers and cleaners, shake the can well before use. For the protective coatings, mix the contents of the packaging well mechanically before use.
- Step 4 : Apply with Roller or Brush or Airless Spray in 2 to 3 even coats. In case of the epoxy / PU sealer, mix the sealer components thoroughly with a mechanical mixer, prior to application. For cleaners, mechanical brushing or scrubbing may be required to thoroughly clean substrate.
- Step 5 : For sealers and coatings, wait 2 to 4 hours until surface is dry and apply 2nd or 3rd coats. Please refer to Technical Data Sheets for drying / overcoating times. For cleaners, maintain enough contact time prior to washing substrate with water.
- Step 6 : For sealers and coatings, allow 24 to 48 hours to cure and protect the treated surface from water or dew. For cleaners, allow the substrate to dry suitably prior to sealing or coating it.
Safety Precautions and Recommendations
- Take suitable safety precautions at all times. Always wear protective goggles, safety shoes, masks and gloves.
- If inhaled / ingested, move immediately to fresh air. In case of skin or eye contact, flush immediately with water for 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes and call a physician.
- Many of our Sealer and Cleaner Systems, although based on low VOC materials, do contain solvents or similar strong chemicals. It is imperative, that the safety symbols on the technical data sheets are meticulously followed and paid attention to.
- In case of solvent based materials, do not store or use near sparks or open flames. Do not smoke in the vicinity of application. Use this material in a well-ventilated area away from sparks and open flames.
- Rags and equipment that are wet with product may be flammable. Clean up promptly after job is complete. Clean equipment with mineral spirits and allow to dry in a well-ventilated area.
Legends for Safety Symbols in the Technical Data Sheets
Irritants, mildly toxic, can irritate eyes, ears, skin
Flammable, Keep Away from Sparks, Flames. Store safely in a Cool Dry Place
Corrosive to Metals and Skin. Wear Suitable hand, eye and face protection and protective clothes while using
Use of Suitable Eye Protection, Required
Use of Suitable Gloves, protective clothes and shoes required. Avoid Bare Contact with Chemical
Use of Suitable face mask / respirator recommended